How to Post
Posting on Campus Neighbors is very simple, follow these instructions:
- 1. You must first be registered if you haven’t already done that.
- If you are registered, then log in with your username and password.
- 2. Once you’re logged in, the dashboard page will open. Click on “Add New” under Posts or “Edit” if you’d like to revise an earlier post.
- 3. Under the large text Add New Post is a box to type the title of your post.
- 4. In the larger box below that, you may enter the body of your post. Here is where images may be added as well. You should see “Upload/Insert” with some little graphics to the right. Select one of those graphics that represent: Add an Image, Add Video, Add Audio or Add Media (PDF files are a good example of media).
- 5. On the right of your screen is a Category box. Select a Category you want your post to go into. ie: news, events/announcements, etc. PLEASE NOTE: News and Events/Announcements will automatically generate an email to the Campus Neighbors community (but only after approved and published by Campus Neighbors). If you don’t want to have your post emailed to the community, we suggest that you Categorize it “Discussions” or “Other”.
- 6. Either “Submit for Review” or “Save Draft” (if you’d like to complete or review your post at a different time). The phrase Add New Post at the top of the page will change to Edit Post with a note below it in yellow indicating your post submitted.
- 7. Click Preview Post to see what it will look like, once approved by Campus Neighbors.
For additional WordPress help click here.